:: Latest News & Projects ::
You can catch me most Fridays through 2013-14 playing drums and singing in the Mardi Gras Burlesque at Pickwick & Frolic on E. 4th in Cleveland, Ohio.
I'm currently co-writing the script for this year's "Murder By The Falls" fundraiser comedy/mystery event at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre and am gearing up for my directorial debut there with Cannibal! The Musical in the October.
:: Web Design ::
I've been designing websites since 1996 and have created over 30 websites for various artists, musicians, and independent businesses in the Cleveland area and beyond. I design entirely with web-standard HTML and CSS -- although this techy-stuff may not mean anything to you, the important benefit is that sites I design should perform consistently across all of the major browsers on the market today, and will be accessible to older and future browsers as well. They're also much faster and easier to update and redesign than sites built with older table-based methods. I design at the base rate of $80/hr, but I'm very flexible and willing to work with your budget or on a barter basis for your goods or services. Most of the sites you see here cost under $2000 to complete.
Web Site Design Examples
Below are thumbnails of a number of my website designs, which you may click to visit the actual website. Websites are dynamic works and are often altered by their owners after my work is done, and therefore the live site may no longer look like my original design, or may no longer exist. If I am aware of such a situation, clicking the thumbnail will display a full-size image of the site as it existed at original launch time.
:: Music & Audio ::
I've been creating music even longer than I've been designing websites. I studied percussion for several years as a child, learned guitar during college, and have been singing since I learned to speak. I discovered tape recorders around age 6 and went on to study audio and video production in college. I have written, recorded and performed music a good deal over the last few years. My credits include:
- Drummer with Melocotón, latin/carribean/rock/jazz fusion.
- Finalist for WJW Fox 8 Cleveland Idol 2008.
- Composed the theme music for the .NET Magazine podcast (listen to it here).
- Won the 1973 edition of the 'Coverville Idol' contest with a cover of the Temptations' Papa Was a Rolling Stone (listen to it here).
- Composed electronic soundtrack for the lunar landing program at the Shafran Planetarium at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
- Composed/recorded 'Our American Dream', and subsequently composed background music and engineered/produced the highly-acclaimed 'The Talkative Turtle and Other Tales' for, Kulture Kids.
- Performed as drummer/backing vocalist for Serious Aeolian Belfry (1999-2002), a quirky rock/r&b/jazz/jam/reggae outfit which was a semi-finalist in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Battle of the Bands and performed both New Years Eve and Thanksgiving at The Grog Shop in 2001 and 2002.
- Composed music for Ohio State University's 2004 production of Inherit The Wind
MP3 Samples of Original Songs (1999 - 2002)
- Final Mile - collaboration with Gareth Lancaster (a.k.a. Pamplemousse)
- Dust to Dust
- Say Goodbye
Instrumental Tracks, including work from the Planetarium project
- Nada Bossa Mi
- Catch 22 - featuring Dan Shramo (guitar)
- Elli Imanpour - collaboration with DJ Drunken Master
Remixes & Cover Tracks
- Bye, Bye, Bye - N*Sync Cover
- No Fool (Mr. Solid Grind Mix - remix of a track from Robin Stone's CD, "Rushmore"
- Dancing with the Goddess (Blissful Drum & Face Mix) - Remix of a track by Atman
- R U A Game Junkie? - Club medley of 80s video games for "Game Junkie" store opening
- Alpha Blues - downtempo cover of a blues track by Ted Lehman
- Away From You - house mix of a track by Ricki Gerald
:: Theatre ::
I am currently serving on the board of directors at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, managing the website, creating artwork, writing press releases, managing the database, and laying out playbills. When I've got time to perform, I do. Here are a few of my acting credits...
- The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs :: 2012 :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre (Staged Reading)
- The Berlioz Project :: 2012 :: Cleveland Public Theater (Big Box Series) - "Hector Berlioz"
- The Last Five Years :: 2010 :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - "Jamie Wellerstein"
- Murder By The Falls :: 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2009 / 2010 (co-authored) :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - "Inspector Gotcha"
- The Laramie Project :: 2010 :: Notre Dame College - "Doc O'Connor", "Fred Phelps"
- Forever Plaid :: 2007 :: Rabbit Run Theater - "Francis" - 'Bunny Award' Winner: Best Actor & Best Show
- The Last Five Years :: 2006 :: Weathervane Playhouse - "Jamie Wellerstein"
- I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change :: 2006 :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
- Those Seven Little Words :: 2000 - 2006 :: Various Venues - drummer, vocalist
- Biloxi Blues :: 2001 :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - "Eugene Morris Jerome"
- Into The Woods :: 1999 :: Chagrin Valley Little Theatre - "Rapunzel's Prince"
“Rothman wins us with his charm and exuberance even while we know he has walked away from his marriage. He is a strong and able singer with a nice falsetto and a powerful voice. His combination of hubris and vulnerability is fascinating.”
“Rothman's boyish jubilation and full-bodied grin at the start of the show is endearing, but it is his talent as an actor and singer that endures from the beginning to the end (or the end to the beginning) of this play. He is remarkably comfortable and commanding on stage, which translates into a captivating performance.”
“Rothman makes the joy of a new love and the excitement of a career that’s off to a spectacular start believable.”
:: Graphic Design ::
My work with musicians, theatres and other organizations has called upon me to create graphic art from time to time. I work primarily in Adobe Photoshop, piecing together original and stock artwork into collages for advertisements and other uses. Below are a few samples of work I've done...
All original content on this page is © 2010 Andrew Rothmanemail me